Our client a world renowned organisation specialising in drilling equipment survey, assessments and training are now seeking a number of experienced Surveyors/Inspectors to inspect blowout prevention equipment in a variety of worldwide locations on a variety of rigs. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals offering rewarding and challenging career opportunities.
• Assess blowout prevention equipment
• Troubleshoot BOP components and control systems
• Identify potential sources of downtime and plan course of action to reduce downtime
• Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with drilling crew and client
• Report writing in order to document actions taken to provide solutions
• Apply API and governing rules, recommendations and regulations.
• Make recommendations based on assessment of equipment, which must be supported by backup information
• Prepare and submit final reports in order to meet client deadlines
• Should be qualified in an engineering related discipline preferably mechanical, electrical and or electronics
• Experience of working with conventional hydraulic based and MUX BOP Systems
• Capable of conducting surveys independently or as part of a team
• Decision-making abilities
• Capable of identifying defects, determining equipment non-conformities, analysing reasons for major deficiencies and committing the findings to a solid unambiguous report
• A minimum of a least 7 years working experience in a relevant position in the drilling or marine industry
• Knowledge of industry standards such as API, ISO or NORSOK is an advantage