Lead Subsea Controls Engineer London Contract- Long term My client is one of the world's largest and most innovative pipeline, subsea engineering and management contractors. The requirement is for a Lead Subsea Controls Engineer who will work in the team as part of the overall BP group on one of the major offshore and subsea design projects. This project involves technical innovation and challenges due to deep water and high pressure involved. Roles & Responsibilities The Engineer will be working within an active project team and would be required to take a senior role within the existing engineering Team.
The role will include:
- Preparation of preliminary equipment functional specifications.
- Preparation of technical notes reports and decision papers
- Ensuring compliance with project philosophies and operability requirements
- Development of testing, commissioning and installation strategies.
- Interfacing with client engineering team.
- Assist in reliability assessments
- Provide support to the preparation of ITT documentation.
- Liaise with vendor on behalf of client during procurement, manufacture and testing phases.
Required An engineer with a minimum of 10 years experience in Offshore Oil and Gas, preferably degree qualified and chartered with experience of the following:
- Deepwater developments
- Hydraulic and electrical distribution systems for subsea controls
- SCS equipment design and manufacture.
- Systems testing
- XT, manifold & umbilical design.
- Workover systems and operation.
- Topsides control interface and design (process control)
- SCS installation, offshore testing & commissioning