The Principal Subsea Hardware Engineer will functionally report to the Head of the Subsea hardware. She/he will be responsible for providing engineering and coordination skills to assigned project team towards delivering reliable, completely functional subsea hardware on schedule and within budget. SNEPCo DWP currently has two flagship projects, Bonga SW and Bonga N that are pre-DG-3.
The work spans FEED, detail design and execution phases of our ongoing deep water development projects. It also includes specialist/trouble-shooting support covering both onshore and offshore during the pre-commissioning/ commissioning phases of the project.
The scope will also involve providing support to Bonga subsea surveillance team in the planning and execution of intervention activities for subsea facilities.
For all assigned projects or operations support activities, this include:
• Ensure that all deliverables, including associated responsibilities and controls as defined in the project subsea control DCAF requirements are carried out. Also ensure compliance with EP64 and ORP requirements and specific subsea standards
• Contributes efficiently to subsea hardware engineering and design activities related to deepwater projects, studies, proposals, estimates and / or work improvement programs. All work must meet the technical requirements and industries standards.
• Seek and analyze design alternatives to resulting in good and reliable design, meet safety standards and as well as constructability of the design.
• Supports all the co-ordination and execution of the Subsea Hardware Engineering work scope associated with Project Delivery.
• Participate in PERT reviews, Value Assurance Reviews and Peer Reviews to help enable the successful completion of projects.
• Carry out technical and execution planning verification of the project's Subsea Hardware to ensure seamless integration in design, installation, and commissioning
• Support creation of estimates for project cost and prepares project master schedule, select and determines the applicable engineering / construction standards, and material and equipment specifications.
• Review scopes of work, budgets, commitments, schedules and progress. Makes use of progress reporting system. The degree of assistance and supervision depends on scope, phase and progress of project.
• Undertake design calculations for subsea hardware.
• Prepare subsea hardware material selection recommendations.
• Acts as the Lead in screening meetings and communication with other discipline to verify and ensure that subsea hardware related requirements are well understood and properly taken care of by all concerned.
• Prepares and maintains safety and environmental aspects of the subsea hardware scope of work.
• Prepares maintenances and operation manuals.
• Leads the subsea hardware related aspects of commissioning, start-up and test runs.
• Subsea hardware mechanical design
• Generate overall subsea infrastructure field layout summarizing the output from the many other work activities, taking into account: planned well top hole locations, drilling rig location, reach and operational constraints, well deviation costs, seabed/shallow hazards and topography, flowline and umbilical architecture and operation, future field expansion capability, etc.
• Ensure that the subsea hardware is properly tested and outcomes documented prior to deployment by development of detailed procedures and assignment of experienced QA/QC personnel.
• Ensure that the hardware are installed correctly via creation of thorough installation and pre-commissioning procedures and that interfaces with all project team personnel are properly effectively managed.
• Carry out project learning and/or after action reviews to document problems and prevent reoccurrences.
• Provide technical support during offshore installation, commissioning and start up.
• Provide technical mentoring & transfer learning to less experienced local staff.
• Ensure that all work is done in a manner consistent with Shell's minimum standards and policies.
• Respond to technical issues and design questions relating to existing infrastructure on Bonga FPSO
• Apply effective HSSE management of risk, provide leadership in HSSE and insure process safety in design.
• Collaborate with colleagues in New Orleans, Houston, Rijswijk, and Aberdeen to deliver quality and seamless service to our customers as needed.