SENIOR DRILLING ENGINEER
Houston, Texas Category - Drilling and Completions POSITION SUMMARY: This senior staff position, based in Houston, will report to the Drilling Engineering Manager, within the Gulf of Mexico drilling group. The primary responsibility will be to provide detailed well design and well engineering on ultra-deep sub-salt wells in the Gulf of Mexico. The candidate will be responsible for providing operational support to the drilling superintendent while the well is drilling. The candidate will also be responsible for interfacing with the respective exploration and asset groups and providing accurate cost estimates.
- Detailed well planning for exploration, appraisal and development wells.
- Operational support during the drilling phase.
- Preparation of probabilistic time and cost estimates
- Identification of risks and mitigating controls
- Rig site visits as required
- Participation in peer reviews, peer assists and DWOPs both domestically and internationally
- Planning of Exploration, Appraisal and Development wells
- Rigsite experience preferred
- Deepwater experience
- Gulf of Mexico experience preferred
- Some experience with WellCat would be an advantage
- Minimum of 10 years of Gulf of Mexico drilling experience.
- Majority of the Drilling experience doing detailed well design work
- Proven track record in well design, casing design, directional drilling, drill string, Annular Pressure Buildup and BHA design
- A high degree of computer literacy in MS suite as well as Industry casing and well design software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (a team player)
- Ability to develop ideas and work with minimal supervision
- Commitment to HSE principles
A degree in Engineering, preferably Petroleum Engineering