BridgeLine Services, Inc. is a managed recruiting services firm working with a leading global oilfield services provider to help them recruit Subsea Engineers to be based in Houston, Texas.
This is a new position open due to growth. The successful hire will work on a prototype that allows the company to offer a new solution to customers. This is an office-based position with a standard business schedule most of the time, with some offshore travel to oversee installation, SIT, and conduct first runs.
Your responsibilities as a Subsea Engineer will include:
- Create, document, and install a riser package to connect to MPD equipment
- Part of execution team to deploy product in country
- Provide technical support and oversee installation process and troubleshooting
- Supervise and monitor manufacturing of equipment with vendors
- Conduct FAT tests
- Conduct SIT tests
- Perform riser analysis
- Perform leadership and project management responsibilities; train personnel, develop reports, and provide technical guidance
- Develop Report/Manuals
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 6+ years' industry experience (8 - 12 years preferred)
- Offshore experience required; experience on the offshore drilling side preferred
- Experience working on drill ships, semi submersibles and floaters highly preferred
- Experience of subsea equipment and associated API standards
- Mechanically sound; good to advanced electrical and hydraulic knowledge
- Operational and technical experience required (exposure to drilling, subsea riser, and wellhead equipment)
- Must have either mechanical design experience or a mechanical engineering degree; Subsea/Riser/Wellhead Equipment Design/Engineering experience preferred.
- Service company and drilling contractor experience preferred
- International work experience a plus
- Must be authorized to work in the US