Lloyd's Register Energy - Drilling
As we are a rapidly growing company, we are continuously looking for highly experienced and qualified personnel - in short: we are looking for the best in the industry!
Who are we? Lloyd's Register Energy - Drilling is a newly formed company which thrives on the extensive experience of both ModuSpec & WEST Engineering Services. For more than 25 years, WEST and ModuSpec have successfully provided audits on people, systems and equipment, inspections services for drilling equipment on rigs of all types, from ultra-deep-water to land rigs, as well as career development programmes (training).
Lloyd's Register acquired the ModuSpec Group in 2008 and WEST Engineering Services in 2012, with the aim of expanding their suite of services in the upstream industry and particularly within the drilling industry. To achieve this objective, these two leading drilling industry domain experts were combined into one new company: Lloyd's Register Energy - Drilling. With over 600 experienced employees working from seven offices worldwide, we provide services to a wide range of international clients. Our unique company composition is backed by over 250 years of experience from Lloyd's Register .
- Australia - Perth (main areas of activity: Australia and Asia)
- United States & Brazil
- United Kingdom
- Europe, Africa & Russia
- Singapore & Pacific
We are currently recruiting the very best surveyors/engineers to join our growing global operations.
- Mechanical Surveyors
- Electrical Surveyors
- Subsea Surveyors
- Conduct rig acceptance, condition and selection surveys, either independently or as a member of a team.
- Arrange start-up and job close-out meetings with the client.
- Draw up high quality reports as per LR Energy - Drilling standards in the predetermined time schedule.
- Conduct incident investigations, feasibility and maintenance system reviews as per client requirements.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
- A college degree in (marine) engineering or similar is desirable but not essential
- Oilfield/industrial trade qualifications are an advantage.
- Diplomacy and excellent social skills
- Professional appearance
- Computer literacy
- Capable of conducting surveys independently (or achieving this in the future).
- Decision-making abilities
- Capable of identifying defects, determining equipment non-conformities, analyzing reasons for major deficiencies and committing the findings to a solid unambiguous report
- A minimum of a least 10 years working experience in a relevant position in the drilling or marine industry
- Team worker
- Knowledge of industry norms such as API, ISO or NORSOK is an advantage