Our client is currently seeking a number of Subsea Engineers/Supervisor Subsea Engineers to work within their international fleet of deepwater semi-submersibles and drill ships, in order to supervise the maintenance and repair of all subsea BOP and riser systems, and all associated surface equipment and systems. The Role
- Maintain the Blow Out Preventer (BOP), Diverter, and associated subsea equipment in accordance to the Preventive Maintenance System (PMS) guidelines.
- Operate and pressure test the BOP on the surface and on the seabed as required.
- Direct the deck and drill crews in the running and recovery of the BOP and Marine Riser equipment.
- Direct the assembly, installation, and nippling down the BOP and all well control equipment as required.
- Operate, maintain and repair the subsea BOP control system, i.e. surface BOP or multiplex electro-hydraulic control systems.
- Operate, maintain and test hydraulic connectors. Maintain BOP handling equipment, testing equipment and wellhead equipment.
- Operate and service the bridge cranes and related hoisting equipment. Ensure the drill string compensator is serviced as required.
- Ensure the riser pipe system is serviced and tested as required. Operate and maintain the diverter system and the running and handling tools.
- Assist in running/testing the wellhead, casing hangers and seal assemblies. Operate and maintain wellhead running/retrieval test tools.
- Ensure the required riser tensioning pressure is set to comply with the mud weight in use. Monitor and maintain the riser guideline and pod line tensioners.
- Maintain accurate daily log sheets relevant to the subsea equipment
- Candidates should be experienced within the Subsea discipline, with particular experience in managing a department onboard a semi submersible or drill ship.
- Candidates must be willing to work within any international location including Brazil, West Africa, Nigeria and India.
- Valid Well Control Certificate.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
- Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates.
- Knowledge of all technical calculations required for the subsea operation of the drilling unit and basic computer skills.
The Location Offshore International The Package Highly competitive salary + bonuses + many benefits