To apply for this position on-line, go to http://www.kbr.com/Careers, click on Americas. At bottom of page, click on Americas Opportunities. Go to advanced search and enter job number 1002927
GRANHERNE COMPANY INFORMATION
Granherne is a multi-disciplinary deepwater systems engineering organization with subsea, pipeline, marine, riser, structural, process, and flow assurance capabilities. With experience on over 3,000 projects in more than 20 countries, Granherne is a leading front-end engineering consultancy for onshore, offshore, deepwater and Arctic oil and gas development that can take you where you want to go - both personally and professionally.
As a Senior Lead Riser Engineer for Granherne, you will provide leadership and technical guidance to develop and evaluate complete riser solutions for offshore oil & gas field developments for a variety of clients. Your responsibilities will include participation in business development, employee development, technical guidance for projects/ studies and technology development. Granherne's riser engineering group is responsible for consulting, design and analysis of deepwater risers including SCRs, tower risers and flexible risers. Activities including riser sizing, concept development, component design, global analysis, riser stress analysis, fatigue analysis and vortex induced vibration analysis of risers. Work assignments may include pre-FEED studies through support of detailed engineering projects.
• Master or PhD degree in OCEAN, Civil, Mechanical OR closely related Engineering field with background includes Riser systems experience
• Minimum 10+ years industry experience with a recognized engineering company.
• Specific experience must include a strong emphasis on the design and analysis of riser systems; SCR's, flexibles and/or other riser types
• Must be Self-motivated individual with ability to direct and guide technical personnel.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work as part of a team are essential
KBR/GRANHERNE offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development