Our major oil and gas client is seeking a Subsea Connector Quality Engineer for a 9 month opportunity based in Houston, TX.
Monitoring, expediting and reporting Quality Assurance and Quality Control aspects of contracted work scope package(s)
Typical activities to be conducted include reviewing Quality Plans; ensuring compliance to Quality Plan + Inspection and Test Plan requirements and other QA/QC documentation; verifying that all equipment production and testing is performed in accordance with the contract requirements.
• Work in accordance with Contract specifications / ETPs / Applicable BP Standards and statutory requirements.
• Take Proactive HSSE leadership role and demonstrate same by example .
• Participate in site Emergency and evacuation drills
• Notify management immediately of all incidents or hazardous situations which come to their attention
• Monitor and report on Subcontractor / Supplier compliance with key quality procedures and documentation relating to Contract work packages ensuring Subcontractor / Supplier conformity with contract quality requirements, relevant Codes/Standards and good site practices.
• Oversee the work package production activities within the parameters of the approved project documentation, quality plans and Inspection and Test Plans.
• Monitor and report on Subcontractor / Supplier Quality programmes including but not limited to: material receipt inspection / documentation and certificate review, manufacturing inspection (including welding / NDE operations), single unit testing (SUT), factory acceptance testing (FAT), SITs, punchlisting, as-built preparation, and final documentation review and equipment release all in compliance with the requirements of Contract GOC specification
• Participate in Quality Reviews & Audits of contractors / suppliers facilities, verification of process documentation to ensure compliance to agreed contract documentation.
• Identify areas of concern and report on quality problems as they arise. Assist in determining root causes and recommending corrective and preventive actions.
• Any other activities requested by the GES Quality Lead
• Minimum 10 - 15 years quality management and manufacturing experience in the Oil/Gas, Petrochemical Industries.
• Must have good working experience in contractor / supplier quality management process, materials and manufacturing routines, including welding and materials in manufacture.
• Recognized Qualification in welding processes or similar proven experience
• Recognized Qualification in Non Destructive Testing practices or similar proven experience
• Strong Understanding of Materials and Manufacturing
• Strong understanding of subsea connection systems, interfaces and assembly processes
• Minimum academic qualification: mechanical or equivalent (HNC / ONC)
• Computer literate with proficiency in MS Word / Excel
• Candidate should be proactive, persuasive with a non-confrontational manner