Subsea Project Manager
Rate £650 per day negotiable
My client has an immediate requirement for a Subsea Project Manager to support the Projects Department in delivering a number of subsea projects. This full-time role will report to the Manager, Subsea Projects. The primary role will be to lead a team of professional discipline engineers and support staff to safely and efficiently deliver a number of fast track small scale Brownfield projects.
The successful candidate should be prepared to visit offshore from time to time, on subsea construction vessels and platforms in the UKCS.
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for project HS&E performance during design, procurement, fabrication and construction phases of the project at on and offshore worksites.
- Manage the project to deliver on time and on budget in accordance with the requirements of the Project Delivery System.
- Foster a culture of safety awareness and safety engagement within the project team, vendor and contractor organisations.
- Direct and manage both internal and external resources and contractors as required to deliver the project in alignment with all stakeholder requirements.
- Ensure team members are qualified and have a clear understanding of their responsibilities.
- Shall be responsible for defining the specific project execution plan and the necessary contracting strategies consistent with the Talisman business plan goals and latest experience.
- Ensure technical consistency with Projects Department standards and industry trends.
- The Project Manager will be required to implement, on a continuous basis, a process of risk identification and assessment across all areas of the project, including cost and schedule.
- Responsible for Management of Change within the project in order to minimise risks to project delivery and objectives.
- Represent the Projects Department in dealings with the stakeholder groups, which may include; Asset, Exploration and Subsurface Managers, Field Partners, Operations and Regulators.
- Ensure levels of training, quality, safety, development, motivation and retention are maintained in line with Projects Department expectations.
- Implement and record feedback of lessons learned to the Projects Department for the benefit of future projects
Education, Experience, Technical Qualifications:
- The successful candidate will have proven experience in the oil and gas industry and must be degree qualified in a suitable engineering discipline
- The candidates experience should include time served major subsea installation contractor, ideally in a position as Project Manager, Oil & Gas Operator experience is a preference although not essential.
- The Subsea Project Manager will be expected to be skilled in the practice of subsea project management with proven experience and practical skills.
- Knowledge of facilities design, procurement, fabrication and installation (including pipelines, flexible risers, umbilicals, control systems, subsea structures) is a must
- The successful candidate will have demonstrable ability to develop contract strategies and commercial principles required for effective management and performance of subsea projects.
- Experience of leading invitations to tender and subsequent negotiation, clarification, evaluation and recommendation to award