Wild Well Control, a Superior Energy Services Company, is the world's leading provider of firefighting, well control engineering and training services. In addition to resolving well control and pressure control problems, Wild Well Control's Engineering group provides well control support, well modeling, contingency planning, relief well designing and risk management planning for well control. The specialized Marine Engineering Group provides computer modeling for offshore structures and floating assets, damage and stability analysis, as well as platform recovery. Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are EEO/AA employers.
Wild Well Control is currently looking for a Subsea Controls Engineer to join our team in Houston, TX.
The Subsea Controls Engineer is responsible for all matters pertaining to the Controls systems for the subsea intervention equipment. This includes technical detailed specification design, equipment/hardware and software performance criteria evaluation of subsea controls technology and development of testing and operating procedures. The Subsea Controls Engineer is responsible for the development and administration of all technical documentation, and implementation of a Quality Assurance program for all aspects of subsea controls. This person will maintain and continually evaluate subsea controls technology and technology vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor Control system operation, safety and performance for each intervention system
- Recommend purchases to improve performance and capabilities while overseeing implementation
- Design proper form and fit of Controls equipment to customer requirements for each job
- Develop practical maintenance procedures for all Control's assets
- Assist in training Subsea shop and operator personnel on Control systems
- Assist Shop Manager to develop procedures specific to Subsea shop bas operation
- Develop controls spares inventory list for shop and field locations
- Interact with Subsea Division, Operations and Shop Managers to address equipment capabilities, modifications, repairs and improvements for processes and procedures
- Technical evaluation and recommendations on failure analysis, testing and documentation
- Assess new Controls equipment and technology
- Identify and recommend opportunities for implementation
- Assist Operations Manager with developing budgets and expenses for Controls
- Identify opportunities to generate/improve financial performance from Control area of operations
- Minimum 8 years' experience with recent subsea controls
- Recent subsea intervention experience preferred
- Knowledge of reliability issues, subsea electrical distribution system and current technology selection drivers for subsea controls systems
- Experience with long subsea tie-backs
- Competent with top-side controls commissioning and function optimization
- Knowledge of interface standardization for different subsea controls systems
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan