Wood Group is in search for a Subsea Systems SME with both multiphase and single phase pump experience.
Brief Posting Description
We are currently sourcing a Senior Consultant - Subsea Systems to join our team in Houston, TX.
This position will report directly to the Subsea Controls Manager.
At this time, we will only consider applications from citizens of the UNITED STATES or those with the required permit/VISA for this region, in place.
The Sr. Consultant Engineer for Systems is responsible for ensuring that the objectives of the Customers are performed to a satisfactory high standard and that
specific work tasks are performed safely, effectively and in compliance with the specified objectives. As such, he/she shall be conversant in subsea system operations and provide a
technical focal point for the Customer, subsea Contractor(s), Vessel Operators, Suppliers/Vendors and other internal department(s).
The Systems Sr. Consultant Engineer shall:
· Prepare, check and control detailed work packs / documents / equipment lists for specific jobs in accordance with relevant procedures. He/she will be expected to develop ideas from concept through to eventual delivery.
· Perform Technical monitoring and approval of any work by external contractors or vendors.
· Participate in Safety Reviews / HAZOP, Environmental Impact Assessments and Risk Assessments during the preparation of operations and ensure that the foreseeable effects of specific tasks are fully assessed.
· During offshore operations ensure that necessary Permits are raised and issued in a timely manner to allow operations to be performed in an efficient manner and furthermore, ensure that operations are carried out in accordance with Customer requirements in a cost effective manner.
· Act as Customer Site (Engineering) Representative as may be required.
· Manage subsea controls vendor design work packages
· Review controls documents and ensure project compliance.
· Interface with process simulation and studies team on field development definition work
· Work with Team Lead to promote Wood Group subsea systems and processing capabilities.
Assist in the training and development of other Wood Group subsea personnel.
Support other discrete packages / work as may be required on a time-to-time basis. This may involve, studies, development work, production of guidelines or other similar work.
The Systems Sr. Consultant Engineer shall ensure that they comply with the Company HSE Policy. It should be noted that each person has a responsibility for the safety and quality aspects of the work
that they undertake. Any questions or concerns relating to HSE and/or the QMS should be brought to the attention of the Team Leader.
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC138629 in all correspondence relating to this position.
To be considered, please follow the prompts within the system - applications via email will not be considered.
If you do not meet the requirements for this position as specified at screening stage, you will receive a notification via email. We would like to thank you for your application and interest in Wood Group.
Visit Wood Group at www.woodgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook
Degree qualified in Engineering (Mechanical/Subsea/Chemical) with 10+ years' experience in subsea systems with the emphasis on subsea multiphase and single phase pumps,
pump control modules, and subsea power distribution equipment.
subsea pump testing (FAT) and installation experience is preferred.
Should also possess:
· Basic computer skills
· Good organizational skills
Good communication and interpersonal skills
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.
Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability and suitability.