Offshore Field Development Projects
Rhea Rhea
Operator:Noble
Water Depth:472 m / 1,558 ft
Region:S. America - Other & Carib.
Country:Falkland Islands (Malvinas)
Last Updated:Apr 13, 2015    (view update history)
Project Description
Rhea is located in PL001 in the North Falkland Basin in approximately 1,550 feet of water. PL001 covers an area of nearly 285,000 gross acres and is located to the northwest of the PL032 License. Noble Energy estimates that Rhea contains an estimated gross mean unrisked resource in excess of 250 million barrels of oil. Partners in the License are Noble Energy as operator with a 75% stake and Edison Energy SpA with the remaining 25% stake.
Rhea is located in PL001 in the North Falkland Basin in approximately 1,550 feet of water. PL001 covers an area of nearly 285,000 gross acres and is located to the northwest of the PL032 License. Noble Energy estimates that Rhea contains an estimated gross mean unrisked resource in excess of 250 million barrels of oil. Partners in the License are Noble Energy as operator with a 75% stake and Edison Energy SpA with the remaining 25% stake.
Activities
Status Updates
Noble Energy Acquires Additional Acreage Offshore Falkland Islands
Type: Acreage Acquisition

Apr. 2015 - Noble Energy has acquired operatorship and a 75% stake in PL001 in the North Falkland Basin form Argos Resources Limited. PL001 covers an area of approximately 285,000 gross acres. An initial target has been identified on the license, Rhea, which has an estimated gross mean unrisked resource in excess of 250 million barrels of oil. Drilling is expected to commence during 3Q2015 using the Eirik Raude (UDW semisub).

Rhea
Bright Spot - Apr 2015 to -

Update History
The SubseaIQ Team works everyday to provide you with the latest information on the offshore field development market. The following table provides you with a detailed record of each addition and update made to this project by the SubseaIQ team.
UPDATE TYPE DATE DAYS AGO
Field Added Apr 13, 2015 748
Field Status Added Apr 13, 2015 748
Activity Added Apr 13, 2015 748
Project Description Added Apr 13, 2015 748
Field Updated Apr 13, 2015 748

    Project Update History Search - View all the lastest updates made by the SubseaIQ team.
 
 
 
Field Name Rhea
Discovery Date
Block PL001
Reserve Type Oil
Current Status Bright Spot
Production Start
Water Depth 472 m / 1,558 ft