Brief Posting Description
We are currently sourcing a Lead Construction Engineer to join our team in Alaska. The successful candidate will be required to provide engineering discipline support to the construction team from the development to the construction phase.
This position will report directly to the function manager.
· Accountable for personal safety and ensuring that all activities are performed in a safe, environmentally responsible manner with integrity
· Provide input in the design and direction in the layout, fabrication, assembly, installation, test and pre-commissioning of onshore piping and facilities, rotating and static mechanical equipment, to ensure compliance with the agreed scopes of work and project schedule
· Provide engineering support to construction and commissioning activities.
· Development of work packs including detailed job card man-hour estimating and compilation of WBS's.
· Provide assistance in the contracting activities, including preparation of tender enquiry documents, preparation of responses to tenders requests for technical clarifications; and plays an active role in the evaluation of tenders from a technical point of view according to WG policies and procedures.
· Maintain the required technical quality of work
· Ensure that work output complies with the relevant procedures
· Provide technical assistance to Construction Manager and other members of the team as required
· Ensure as far as practically possible all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule
· Keep up-to-date with technical developments, national and international standards and legislative requirements related to the scope of the discipline
· Review work/work output of discipline assigned staff as required
· Prepare estimates and assist in the review of proposed schedules
· Participate as necessary in discussions with client and visit jobsites when necessary. Liaise with client technical authority when needed for approval of procedures
· Assist the Construction Manager, when requested, in the execution of their responsibilities and duties
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.
Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability and suitability.
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC 137581 in all correspondence relating to this position.
To be considered, please follow the prompts within the system - applications via email will not be considered.
If you do not meet the requirements for this position as specified at screening stage, you will receive a notification via email. We would like to thank you for your application and interest in Wood Group.
Visit Wood Group at www.woodgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook