Offshore Field Development Projects
Jangkrik Complex Jangkrik
Operator:Eni
Water Depth:120 m / 396 ft
Region:Asia - SouthEast
Country:Indonesia
Last Updated:Jun 13, 2014    (view update history)
Project Description
Located offshore Indonesia in the Muara Bakau Block, east of Kalimantan Beach, is the Jangkrik oil field. Serving as operator of the field is Eni, holding a 66.25% interest; Anadarko holds the remaining 33.75% interest.

Eni discovered hydrocarbons on Jangkrik on April 6, 2009, which was drilled in 1,312 feet (400 meter) of water by the Jack Bates semisub.

The operator appraised the find in the second quarter of 2010. The well encountered more than 262 feet (80 meters) of net gas pay in excellent quality reservoir sands of Pliocene age. During the production test, the well produced gas at a tubing constrained rate of 17.5 MMcf/d.

The consortium will proceed with the assessment of the technical and commercial viability of a fast-track development of the gas ...
Located offshore Indonesia in the Muara Bakau Block, east of Kalimantan Beach, is the Jangkrik oil field. Serving as operator of the field is Eni, holding a 66.25% interest; Anadarko holds the remaining 33.75% interest.

Eni discovered hydrocarbons on Jangkrik on April 6, 2009, which was drilled in 1,312 feet (400 meter) of water by the Jack Bates semisub.

The operator appraised the find in the second quarter of 2010. The well encountered more than 262 feet (80 meters) of net gas pay in excellent quality reservoir sands of Pliocene age. During the production test, the well produced gas at a tubing constrained rate of 17.5 MMcf/d.

The consortium will proceed with the assessment of the technical and commercial viability of a fast-track development of the gas of the field that will be routed to the Bontang LNG plant.

SKKmigas approved the Jangkrik Plan of Development in February 2013. The operator plans to make the final investment decision on the project in 2013 or 2014.
Activities
Status Updates
Oceaneering Lands Deal to Supply Jangkrik Umbilicals
Type: Contract Award

Jun. 2014 - FMC Technologies awarded a subsea contract to Oceaneering International to supply umbilicals for Eni's Jangkrik development offshore Indonesia. Oceaneering will supply roughly 31-miles of its super-duplex steel tube production control umbilicals that will be used to supply hydraulic and electrical power as well as chemical injection capabilities to subsea wells. Delivery is scheduled to occur during 2Q 2016.

Eni Awards $1.1B Contract for Jangkrik Floating Production Unit
Type: Facility Construction

Feb. 2014 - Eni awarded a $1.1 billion engineering, procurement, construction and installation contract regarding the Jangkrik field floating production unit (FPU) to a Saipem-led consortium consisting of Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI) and a joint venture between Saipem, Tripatra Engineers & Constructors and Chiyoda. The consortium will also be responsible for installation of the mooring system as well as hook-up, commissioning and startup assistance. Fabrication of the topsides will take place at Saipem's Karimun Island yard in Indonesia while the hull will be built at the HHI yard in South Korea. Delivery is scheduled to take place in 34 months. Once installed at the field, the FPU will be capable of processing 450 MMscfd of gas and condensate.

Winners Selected for $4.13 Billion Jangkrik Complex Development Contract
Type: Development Activity

Feb. 2014 - Indonesian oil and gas regulator SKKMigas selected winners of a $4.13 billion engineering, procurement, construction and installation contract for the development of the Jangkrik and Northeast Jangkrik gas fields in the Muara Bakau production sharing contract (PSC). Contract winners include Tripatra Engineers and Constructors, Chiyoda International Indonesia, Hyundai Heavy Industries and a consortium comprised of Technip and FMC subsidiaries. Both fields will enter the production phase by early 2017 and are expected to produce at a peak rate of 450 MMcfd for at least six years. The fields are located off the coast of East Kalimantan and represent the country's first real progress developing its deepwater hydrocarbon reserves.

Eni Finds Additional Hydrocarbons in Jangkrik Structure
Type: Appraisal Operations

Jul. 2011 - Eni discovered hydrocarbons in an exploration well offshore Indonesia in the Jangkrik Northeast structure, located in the Muara Bakau block Kutei Basin, east of Kalimantan. Eni stated that the Jangkrik Northeast discovery further confirms the high potential of the area. Jangkrik Northeast NFW, located about 43 miles (70 kilometers) from the coast of Indonesia, reached a depth of 11,919 feet (3,633 meters) in a water depth of 1,509 feet (460 meters). The well contains more than 197 feet (60 meters) of net gas pay in excellent quality reservoir sands of Pliocene and Miocene age. During the production test, the well produced high-quality gas at a tubing constrained rate of 30.6 MMcf/d. Serving as operator of the Muara Bakau PSC is Eni, with a 55% interest; GDF Suez holds the remaining 45% interest.

Eni Successfully Appraises Jangkrik
Type: Appraisal Operations

Dec. 2010 - Eni has completed the Jangkrik-3 well, confirming that the Jangkrik field is a significant discovery hosting a large amount of gas in place of more than 1.4 Tcf. The well reached a total depth of 9,347 feet (2,849 meters), encountering more than 197 feet (60 meters) of net gas pay in excellent quality reservoir sands of Pliocene age. Eni and partners are considering a fast-track development of the field, routing the gas to a nearby Bontang LNG plant, where Eni owns additional processing capacity. Eni operates the Muara Bakau PSC with a 55% interest; GDF Suez holds 45%.

Eni Appraises Jangkrik, Moves Forward with Development
Type: Appraisal Operations

Jun. 2010 - Eni has appraised the Jangkrik gas discovery offshore Indonesia in the Muara Bakau PSC, Kutei Basin, East Kalimantan. The appraisal well, located about 43 miles (70 kilometers) from the coast, was drilled to a depth of 8,035 feet (2,449 meters) in 1,394 feet (425 meters) of water. The well encountered more than 262 feet (80 meters) of net gas pay in excellent quality reservoir sands of Pliocene age. During the production test, the well produced gas at a tubing constrained rate of 17.5 MMcf/d. The consortium will proceed with the assessment of the technical and commercial viability of a fast-track development of the gas from the field that will be routed to the Bontang LNG plant. Eni operates the Muara Bakau PSC with a 55% interest; GDF Suez holds 45%.

Eni Finds Hydrocarbons at Muara Bakau Block Offshore Indonesia
Type: New Discovery

Apr. 2009 - Eni drilled a discovery at Jangkrik, located in the Muara Bakau block in the Kutei Basin, east of Kalimantan offshore Indonesia. The Jangkrik discovery, drilled in 1,312 feet (400 meter) of water by the Jack Bates semisub, further confirms the high potential of the area.

Jangkrik Barge FPU
Under Construction - Feb 2014 to -

Prospect - 2013 to Feb 2014

Jangkrik Northeast
Under Development - Feb 2014 to -

Discovery (Appraised) - Jul 2012 to Feb 2014

Discovery (Drilled) - Jul 2011 to Jul 2012

Jangkrik
Under Development - Feb 2014 to -

Discovery (Appraised) - Dec 16, 2010 to Feb 2014

Appraisal Drilling - Nov 11, 2010 to Dec 2010

Appraisal Drilling - May 16, 2010 to Jun 24, 2010

The Saipem 10000 drillship performed appraisal operations on the Jangkrik-2 well.

Discovery (Drilled) - Apr 2009 to May 2010

Eni made a new hydrocarbon discovery offshore Indonesia.

Exploratory Drilling - Nov 06, 2008 to Apr 2009

Update History
The SubseaIQ Team works everyday to provide you with the latest information on the offshore field development market. The following table provides you with a detailed record of each addition and update made to this project by the SubseaIQ team.
UPDATE TYPE DATE DAYS AGO
Field Updated Jun 13, 2014 40
Facility Updated Jun 13, 2014 40
Activity Added Jun 13, 2014 40
Field Updated Jun 11, 2014 42
Field Updated Mar 06, 2014 139
Facility Updated Mar 06, 2014 139
Facility Updated Feb 26, 2014 147
Facility Status Updated Feb 26, 2014 147
Facility Status Added Feb 26, 2014 147
Field Updated Feb 26, 2014 147
Activity Added Feb 26, 2014 147
Field Updated Feb 13, 2014 160
Field Status Updated Feb 13, 2014 160
Project Description Updated Feb 13, 2014 160
Field Status Added Feb 13, 2014 160
Activity Added Feb 13, 2014 160
Field Added Feb 12, 2014 161
Field Updated Feb 12, 2014 161
Project Description Updated Feb 12, 2014 161
Field Status Added Feb 12, 2014 161
Field Updated Oct 15, 2013 281
Facility Added Oct 15, 2013 281
Facility Status Added Oct 15, 2013 281
Facility Updated Oct 15, 2013 281
Project Description Updated Oct 15, 2013 281
Field Updated Jul 28, 2011 1091
Activity Added Jul 28, 2011 1091
Field Status Updated Jul 28, 2011 1091
Field Status Added Jul 28, 2011 1091
Field Status Updated Dec 16, 2010 1315
Field Status Added Dec 16, 2010 1315
Field Updated Dec 16, 2010 1315
Activity Added Dec 16, 2010 1315
Field Status Updated Dec 10, 2010 1321
Project Description Updated Jun 23, 2010 1491
Activity Added Jun 23, 2010 1491
Field Updated Jun 23, 2010 1491
Field Status Added Jun 23, 2010 1491
Field Status Added Jun 02, 2010 1512
Project Description Added Jun 02, 2010 1512
Field Updated May 01, 2009 1909
Field Status Added Apr 06, 2009 1934
Activity Added Apr 06, 2009 1934
Field Added Apr 06, 2009 1934

    Project Update History Search - View all the lastest updates made by the SubseaIQ team.
 
 
 
 
Facility Name Jangkrik Barge FPU
Duty Gas
Operator ENI (NOC)
Current Status Under Construction since 2014
Host Type FPU/FPS
Water Depth 120 m / 396 ft
Dev.Cost n/a
 
Region Indonesia
 
Location Muara Bakau PSC
 
Field Name Jangkrik
Discovery Date Apr 2009
Block Muara Bakau PSC
Reserve Type Gas
Current Status Under Development
Production Start
Water Depth 400 m / 1,320 ft
Field Name Jangkrik Northeast
Discovery Date Jul 2011
Block Maura Bakau PSC
Reserve Type Gas
Current Status Under Development
Production Start
Water Depth 400 m / 1,320 ft